Tuesday, October 15, 2013

So I met a guy who wanted to make a graphic novel and he liked my artwork. His name is Todd Lally. I told him I don't do sequential art, and in fact, I don't like sequential art. I told him my complaints about graphic novels being mostly tiny, rushed, crappy frames of telling every unnecessary piece of  the story as it unfolds. I said that it would be a cool idea to try more of an illustrated novel with some more polished, large paintings that are actually worth painting. And here is the first one!


1 comment:

  1. While I am a comic book fan I certainly see your point about sequential art. Very interesting perspective! And i like the idea of an illustrated book with fewer but more important images. And this one certainly sets a cool scene! Nice work, sir.

    ReplyDelete